Konuyu Oyla:
  • Toplam: 0 Oy - Ortalama: 0
Al Arbour to return to Islanders to coac
Rainbow 
UNIONDALE, N.Y. - Al Arbour traded in his whistle for a sweater and a brown leather jacket.Too many years have pa sed for him to lead his team on the ice for practice Joe Thuney Jersey , but not so many that he can't spend one more night behind the bench for the New York IslandersArbour, the Hall of Fame coach who guided the Mike Bo sy and Bryan Trottier-led Islanders to four straight Stanley Cup titles from 1980-83, has been given a gift by the team 13 years after he said goodbye for the second time.On Saturday night he will step back into his familiar role as coach for one more game - No. 1,500 with the franchise that he helped make famous.Current Islanders coach Ted Nolan will move over into an a sistant's role against Sidney Crosby and the Pittsburgh Penguins to allow Arbour to hit one Irving Fryar Jersey more milestone two days after turning 75."I used to take pride in going behind the bench," Arbour said after watching practice Friday. "I was very calm and collected in those games. I'm sure tomorrow I'll be a nervous wreck. I know Ted better do a good job Donald Trump Jersey or I'll be on his back."That was one of several funny and touching moments Friday as Arbour reflected on his days with the Islanders. He recalled the glory years that featured five Hall of Famers, but said they couldn't have won without secondary players such as Bob Nystrom, who helped welcome him back.Arbour joined the club in 1973 and left in 1986, only to return three seasons later for another six-season stint. He replaced Terry Simpson, the only other coach in Islanders history to Andrew Hawkins Jersey win a playoff series."When this team won, the Broad Street Bullies were in their prime and Edmonton was coming," Nolan said. "They had to go through some battles and wars."The highlight of Arbour's return was the Islanders' stunning upset of the two-time defending champion Penguins in the 1993 Patrick Division finals. New York trailed the series 3-2 before coming back and winning Game 7 on David Volek's overtime goal.

Ek Dosyalar Ekran Görüntüleri

Ara
Cevapla

Hızlı Menü:

Konuyu Okuyanlar: 1 Ziyaretçi